Friday 18 November 2011

Textures and Grades

Hi everyone, sorry its been a long time since my last post, didn't have the internet at all over reading week, then I was busy handing in my texturing assignment for uni, then....well I just forgot...

But anyway to start with I got my first marks of the 2nd year and the first marks that count towards my final uni grade... the project was the modelling texturing and skinning of a hand (which is on this blog) luckily I managed to do well with a 2:1 at 68%, so only 2% off a first which is great for my first art project, it was a really confidence booster :)

Now on to more recent stuff, I finished the texturing project on Monday and was pretty pleased with the results, texturing was always the bit I was most concerned with when I switched to art and I've had some decent feedback off peers so it should go well

First off here's the Beer Keg turnaround...


Then the Shipping Container...


Now the deodorant bottle...


And finally the jewellery box...


Overall I'm pleased with what I produced, but there are a few problems such as the smoothing groups on the deodorant bottle and the jewellery box wasn't great in the end, but i did have quite a few problems when transfer mapping and generating ambient occlusion maps towards the end of the project.

I'm also working on a side project at the moment while the the work load isn't too much, I'm quite excited about it personally although it's not really a big thing, ill post an update showing it over the next few days.

So a fairly successful start to the year! Bring on the rest of it!

2 comments:

  1. well done for getting fantastic marks on your project.
    Your doing great. Shame we are down an animator, but your art work is looking great! Keep up the good work =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :D I still feel bad about leaving the animators, especially when there isn't many left now :(

    but I'm really enjoying the art and felt good after the grade for the hand :D hope this assignment scores as well ;)

    ReplyDelete